Quick note:
I'm working on Hebrew homework right now. Part of it is to change from the block print to cursive. So Bill gave us the first chapter of John in the block print and we have to "translate" (convert) the block print to the cursive.
Friends, tears were in my eyes (oh wait, here they come again). You wonder why? I'll tell You. I can translate! I noticed some of the same words, though not knowing what they mean, so I whipped out my new New Testament (Thanks Mom :) and read it in English, then I looked at the Hebrew words and figured out what they meant. Directly translated I read this: In beginning was the Word. And the Word was with God (Elohim) and Elohim was the Word. (John 1:1)... I read more, but it takes too long to type it out like that and its confusing. But boy am I encouraged right now.
For some reason it is much more powerful when you have to fight through it and figure it out. I like this. I like this a lot.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Hmmm! "For some reason it is much more powerful when you have to fight through it and figure it out. I like this. I like this a lot" . . . (as we think back to that February 3 post!)
ReplyDeleteWe love our amazing God!
Love,
Mom
Hey Eli,
ReplyDeleteVery cool. That is very encouraging to read and to know that our God is answering your prayers.
Maranatha!
-matt