... Then down came the rain and soaked the land of Israel, Sploosh!
So our En Gedi campout was cancelled. Something about rain and flash-floods I heard. But tomorrow we are going to En Gedi for a hike, Lord willing. Right before we hike we get to "swim" in the Dead Sea. That will be fun/cleanse all of my pores beyond repair. Dr. Anderson, I will do my best to organize some synchronized swimming :)
Today I got to sleep in again, hooray. After a week of busy and a day of sick it was much needed. And this afternoon we sorted the sissies from the diehards. Before it rained we took a poll of who was going to the Old City. Today when there was rain our numbers dropped by almost half. Go figure.
But I like the Old City in the rain. There are fewer people, more time to see things, and less of the tourist feel when I walk around with my counterparts because we look like we know what we're doing now. I like it. So today was a day of sitting, drinking cocoa, reading, walking, eating falafel and enjoying life as a whole.
Here's something absolutely unbelievable: I am one-third of the way done with this semester. Only a "few" weeks left and we go on two more big trips (like 5-7 days big) and then have a week for travel/study break. There's like no time left, oh how fast it goes.
And oh how much I should get done! I am, shall we say, "behind" on reading. I say "behind" because it's all due at the end of the semester, but there is a lot to do. So I should go do some of that now. Have a good weekend.
Saturday, February 21, 2009
The Itsy Bitsy Spider
Labels:
anticipation,
falafel,
life goes so fast,
New Friends,
Old City,
Old Friends,
rain,
reading
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Out in the rain . . . it takes me back to all those pre-school years when we would look outside and say, "It's pouring down rain---definitely time to go for a walk!" (Remember your red raincoat with the dog ears?!)
ReplyDeleteLove, Mom