Today was weird. All we had was class. We've been going a million miles a minute around here and today was just a day of classes. It was fun.
So Tuesday mornings we split guys/gals for Bible Study. Abner leads ours and its in the classroom, so that is sort of weird, it kind of feels like class, only better. All of the guys were there today, but I suspect that an 8:30 am optional Bible Study will not always command such perfect attendance. We're going to be talking about Prayer. Mostly through looking at some of the big-time prayers in the Bible, but at this point the details are vague. I am pumped.
Then I had Hebrew. Whew. It was good, challenging, and as usual, an exercise in humility :) We have a quiz on Friday... This is tough stuff, but I really like it and it's starting to come together. I feel like it's a classic example of something being worth the blood/sweat/tears/pain/mental exhaustion/etc. It sure is a unique opportunity and definitely not a checklist type of homework class, the benefits are directly proportional to the effort. Which means over-achieving Eli is left in the dust and he just has to plug away and be happy with the knowledge gained and not the little letter attached to the class on my transcript. I feel like such a rebel again :)
A quick note on History of Ancient Israel this afternoon: Abner said it would be the absolute most boring lecture of the semester. I think he lied, it was good. So if that's the worst one then sign me up for his worst lectures once a week. The man is a great teacher, God has blessed us greatly with he and Bill. It's like not even real school it's so interesting. But then there's homework... so maybe not quite like that... but still great.
After classes today I was going to take my shift at cleaning the bathroom (fortunately there are only four guys in my wing so we have about 1/10th the mess to worry about). But then I rebelled again and went and played ultimate frisbee. What a blast that was. I bit the dust really hard a couple of times, something about it being a bad idea to be running really fast and then change directions quickly on a small slope or pseudo-gravel pit... whoops, missed that memo. At least it was on two different sides of my body so I'm sore in a balanced way -- and I have matching scuffed knees! Tylenol, here I come.
Today was a good taste of what a typical day could be like around here. Regular. Busy. Awesome. Life-changing. God working on my heart a lot... And all in a "normal" day. Thanks be to Him every day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment