Saturday, January 31, 2009

Quick! While it's still Saturday!

So I have to type real fast because its almost Sunday and I want to keep the streak alive.

Today in a nutshel: Sleep in (Yes!) Church, Old City - where I had an absolutely delicious filafel for dinner, then a nap (yes!) and then the culmination of the day: the Battle of the Sexes.

Every Saturday night we have "Saturday Night Live" (SNL) a game night or hang-out time planned by our profs. It's a ton of fun. Last week we played Mad-Gab and some other things. This week we had a series of games, boys vs. girls. Boys won 32-25. We played a little charades, a roommate game (how well do you know your roomie sort of thing), we ate cake because it was someone's birthday, we played some other cool games, I had to use my Hebrew skills (ick).

All in all a fun day. Tomorrow I am being rebellious and going on a hike for most of the day... homework shall be the bane of my existence tomorrow night I fear.

Ah! It's 11:59. bye

5 comments:

  1. Hey Eli,
    This is Andrew and Kathleen Finch! We just wanted to say that we enjoy reading your blog and hearing all about your experience studying abroad in Israel! I, Andrew, am really jealous of you right now! I wish I could have studied Hebrew in Israel and I know what you are going through as you study Hebrew! Enjoy this time studying in a different place and learning tons! We are sad that you are away from Jordi, but soon enough you two will be reunited again. Take care and keep posting these wonderful posts! Keep seeking the Lord first Eli! =)

    Andrew and Kathleen says hi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elijah Robert Conlee (is that enough of a parent voice?!) . . .

    And we quote, "Sleep in (Yes!) Church" . . . were you, by chance, missing a comma in there?

    :) Mom :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrew and Kathleen, what a great surprise to hear from you! Thanks for the prayers.

    Mom, I missed a comma. When do I ever skip church?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops! Not clear enough! Ok, I stand corrected. You don't skip church . . . it was the "sleep in church" that we were harassing you about (and don't remind me about what you caught me doing [or rather caught me not doing!] the last time you went to church with us :)

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete