Seeing as I have only missed blogging on Tuesday of this week, I thought it would be fitting to say something today. Of course, we all know that I haven't been able to keep a lid on it, so in reality, Tuesday has been made up for about 17 times (give or take a thousand). But since it's Shabbat, I don't want to do homework, and Friday night chapel starts soon, I will fritter away my time with you guys again. Just a quick note on that before I say something that means something: Pretty much every time I write I think of someone who reads this. I'll be typing along and think to myself, "Self, what you are saying right now really only means something to _______." But there is no pattern at all, each one of these mini-novels probably contains thoughts that make sense to only one or two people at a time. But of course it rotates around at random, thus covering my heiny (how do you spell hiney anyway? Is it highny or heine or high-knee or what?) and continuing my streak of being an accidental people-pleaser personality (whew! that's sort of a tongue twister...)
Anyway, as for today. Today was like real school. I had three classes (which means 6 hours of school on a Friday! Six! Why did I do that?) I am tired. This week has been real draining and last night I stayed up past 10:15 for once. After playing some sweet games with about 25 people in the bomb shelter I went back and remembered I had a Hebrew worksheet to finish. (Actually, I should clarify, it's actually called the Miklat and it serves as our student lounge area. Not many other bomb shelters are quite so cool. Who else do you know that has Bose surround sound in their bomb shelter? That's what I thought :) Rebellion successful: I played games, stayed up late, had fun, and still did good on my quiz today. I like this new leaf.
If I don't get hit by rockets before I leave, this Modern Hebrew thing might just take me down. It's interesting for sure, and challenging of course, but I am at this point just a little slow at making things click. Once I get over the hump and get some speed into it I'll be fine, but when I am supposed to learn totally new letters in cursive and block letters at the same time, as well as the pronunciation and vowel usage it can be a little daunting. Plus it goes til 3:15 on Friday, there's only 9 of us and everyone else is done for the day... Good times :)
News flash: going for a run by yourself is not dangerous! Who would have guessed that? I thought for a second I might accidentally run through a mine field, but then I remembered that I was still on the Moshav property, false alarm.
Sabbath begins today (Shabbat is what it's called around here). Friday night is when you receive the Sabbath (Kabbalat Shabbat). At dinner one of the men at the Moshav led us in the Christian version of Shabbat. (ps- if I am tossing out words and do not explain them, please take initiative and comment that I'm ridiculous and should explain. I will like that and so will you and everyone else). It was So cool. We've learned a couple of Hebrew songs since we've been here (the video on the previous post has one maybe two?) but we've only ever sung them a cappela. He used a classical guitar. It sounded awesome. Like the kind of awesome where you get chills and then tear up because you know that even as an ignorant American it can mean so much to worship the Lord freely, especially in This Place. So cool.
I think that pretty much covers it for now. I will wrap up early for once and let you enjoy more of your Friday not staring at a computer reading this. Enjoy the weekend everyone.
ps- Some Prayer requests: Rest (the jet lag is about gone, but I'm tired from a long week and a long week is approaching). Modern Hebrew class, what a challenge, pray that the Lord will give me a little boost in that area, it will be so cool to use it by the end of the semester. Diligence and desire to love the Lord in everything: prayer, reading the Word (for me and for class), friendships, sleep, leisure time, blogging, etc.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Never again list the following words together in one posting (and I quote): "bomb shelter, rebellion, rockets, take me down, dangerous, and mine field." Your grandmother will eventually be reading this and we don't want her to die an early death. Your mother, on the other hand, wishes she was there with you.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Mom