Thursday, January 29, 2009

Average Day 2.0

Today is another average school day:

Wake up about 6:30 (except I fell asleep and got up at 7:15). Breakfast, History of Ancient Israel (which Abner said yesterday and today were the most boring lectures. False. Dr. A, you would appreciate this, today we talked about Truth Claims and the Bible and many other things. I felt like I knew what we were talking about much more than some of the blank stares around me. Apologetics for 3!)

Anyway, then we had Life of Christ, which is amazing, let me say that now and always. We talked about the intros/purposes of each of the Gospels and then went through the differing genealogies of Matthew and Luke. It sounds boring but it was fascinating, read up on it sometime instead of just skimming it, it's a pretty powerful message the writers send with such mundane things. Hooray for Jesus, Perfect Messiah and King!

Then lunch and then I did laundry, woohoo! Boy is it expensive (about $1.25 to wash alone!) I will not be drying my clothes except on the line and washing will take place only when absolutely necessary ( I figure I can go about 11 days, maybe 12 easy). Then another round of ultimate frisbee in the sunshine and 60 degree weather. Then homework... lots to do tonight to say the least. Allow me to elaborate: 1 page write-up of yesterday's events, verse memorization (Ps. 48:8-14), Israel maps section 6, about 25 pages of reading, 100 pages to skim, 2 small-ish Hebrew worksheets, a Hebrew pseudo-take-home quiz to study for and take, and a Land of the Bible quiz to study for. Yipes. I need to get to it.

That said, have a great Thursday everyone, may it be blessedly average :)

3 comments:

  1. In Sunday school we just talked about the genealogiesof Matthew and Luke!
    During my 4 months of line drying clothes...it wasn't till the last load that I learned about fabric softener. It was amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may look into this "fabric softener" of which you speak...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome the world of most college student who have to pay by the load. You come from a spoiled background my friend.

    ReplyDelete