Saturday, March 14, 2009

Update for the sake of update...

Not much has really happened since last time, but I thought I would give you a short rundown so you don't get bored or think that the cough I had killed me or something. I don't think this will be exciting, but at least I will have filled my blog quota for the week...

Healthwise, I am almost better. The cough is almost gone, a good nap this afternoon and a normal night of sleep and I'll be good to go. Most of my counterparts are in the same boat. Thanks for the prayers, we felt them.

Wednesday we had a big workday here at the Moshav, the jury is still out on whether or not working all morning was good for Eli, but Thursday he did not have class and Abner said he could type his papers later and should go sleep. Eli obliged, that's why he feels better.

Wednesday night was a joyous occasion. We bbq'd hamburgers. Non-kosher, deliciously homemade-esque chunks of meat and bread. Oh, we were happy. Tears were shed afterward.

The parents/family of my counterparts leave tonight. Sad day for them, no difference for me. Tomorrow we get to go help dig in old dirt! We're helping with an archaeology project near Temple Mount. The Muslims won't let anyone excavate, but they dug a bunch and dumped it in the valley when they built another mosque there and so now Israeli archaeologists are sifting through all of it. So we get to help. Maybe we will get to find something cool. Or maybe we are just slave labor...

Same for Monday, except we are for sure going to be slave labor. We're helping with a current dig just below Temple Mount in the area known as the city of David. We will be bucket-haulers and no more. Such glory that won't bring, but at least we can say we helped with that particular dig.

So that is all. My life is not too exciting currently outside of that. I have to go and do those papers for Abner... woohoo...

No comments:

Post a Comment