It's the afternoon of my last normal Friday at IBEX. It's the last day of the last full week of classes. With only one more normal class session on Monday the beginning of the end has come and gone. We're fully into the end over here. It is hard to gauge how I feel. Obviously, there is that end-of-semester nervousness about getting everything done in time and doing well on finals and all of that. But there is oh so much more over here.
See, the thing about normal college life is that it's familiar, the end of the semester means a breather and time to gear up for the next section. (Except, of course, when one is graduating, then it is quite different I would suppose) But over here it is basically not at all like that. Sure, I have a huge project I need to crank out this weekend (about 7/13's of the way done...ish) and still about 12 hours worth of reading to do plus studying for finals. Though in all honesty, that is not too big of a deal, as soon as I get done with this little post I will get rolling and be fine. The problem, so to speak, lies not in the work left to do, it lies in the part about finishing off this semester. If you have read more than one of these things then I assume you picked up on the fact that this semester has been rather different than any other semester imaginable.
So when I get done with the semester it means much more than anything that I can really wrap my mind around... Going back to Corban, even just going back home for the summer is obviously going to take some adjustment, but I can't even imagine what it will be like. 40-ish people that are so familiar are going to be completely removed from my life. The teaching that has blown me away day after day will have time to settle in... It is really hard to imagine.
I have been overwhelmed these last few days with the Word. I am afraid to come home because I know that when God gives us knowledge and wisdom we are responsible to use it for His glory - not to sit on it or even just forget it. It is fear-inspiring to realize that I have so much about God and His word left to learn. I need every minute of another year of college, heck, maybe I'll just get a job stocking shelves on the night shift so I don't have to face people with all of this stuff :)
But in all seriousness, I am so excited to share all I have learned and yet so very afraid to try to do so because I now know how little I know. It will be nice to be done with everything here and move on to overseas adventure part II and then be home, but I'm not ready just yet... soon though, real soon.
Friday, April 24, 2009
Almost done... but with what?
Labels:
final countdown,
good times,
heart searching,
lots to do,
The Word,
tired,
travel,
wrapping up...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment